Monday 16 December 2013

Anthony Newley - IDOL ON PARADE


The real reason I sent this film was because it reminded me of my own life.
I was due for the call up but then the dropped.
My dad had been a soldier in Swat where Sean once had a place before the war.
I wanted to be a soldier but my mum wouldn't sign the form.
Then when the Karma arose for the good of all to fulfil my growth I went into the TA.
Here I found that the beer was cheap.
On exercise in Pembrokeshire we were on an exercise.
I was the radio operator for our squad on  tank range.
We had to observe the enemy lines but we got lost & needed in a mine field.
Having made our way out of that we got home to our slit trenches.
We were supposed to be the invaders & loose but the Centurion tanks couldn't find us.
In an exercise by the army the invader is supposed to be found. 
But they couldn't find us from which I surmised that if we was invaded then we would loose anyway. 
But I sent in a letter of resignation when I went to Aldermaston just as the Beatles became famous.
It was here hat I met Pete Duce who was the business  partner of Sean Jones at RHEHO (SEan told me that this meant Rehabilitated Hippy Organisation.
All we are saying is give peace a chance.
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment