Thursday 28 November 2013

Mint tea


I dig mint tea 
I know it's good for me 
It helps settle my gut
Said the half crazed old nut.
There is no going back an action once taken is done.
The word Karma in a dictionary definition is merely action which causes a reaction.
Ingie {none Tibetans} see Karma as fate but our word of fate comes from the Greek idea of the Nornes goddesses who weave and spin as personifications that direct destiny.
The whole consciousness found an answer in the debate that went on not only in Upanishads and but also with the Jain religion thoughts which where current in the time of the historic Buddha.
But this these ideas also seemed prevalent across the the consciousness across the globe; it's as if evolution still had to grow in our species; watch the DVD of "Clash of the Titans" to see when I was a quick fit and fitter just after I ended my existence as a useful mender of the Human race I once had lunch with Mary Curtin & William Walker who had taken the day off from wishing to become a tree by merely standing. They had just read a book by Karen Armstrong which sees the time of the actual Buddha was also the Time of Confucius, Socrates and even in ancient Persia the stuff that came from Zoroaster as the god idea became duelistic & then the gloves where off ready for a punch up that still is carried on to this day when the ideas became prominent & debated by different cultures.  
I aint been too well of late but am trying to get out for a walk a bit the nickname of Shantideva was "He who eats, sleeps & shits & when he was called before the whole Sangha he spoke the Bodhisattvavatara but flew away in the sky when he got to speaking in depth about Emptiness when we are told not to give teachings on emptiness to a vessel not equipped  to receive it or as is said in the Bible "Don't cast pearls before swine".
Thanks for helping a cantankerous old git by just listening to some of his ramblings; this fits with the on-line initiative of Ester Ranson who helped bring into the public domain with the web site & chat line for the old alone housebound person. 
From my side it I write compulsively & poems bubble up from the subconscious which Freud said was all in the Psyche that we don't see; hidden deep in the sewerage tank of existence living in  the crap but listening to Shantideva which was the only book the Nyingma lama Patrol Rinpoche carried with him.
  • I have the best translation from the Padmakara translation group in Nepal on CD in spoken word so I can hear these important words even the bit when he flew away because some on the sangha and after him & wrote it all down. It must have a magic time in Bihar in those days even though the old religion & gods still where a pain in the but but the transmission still continue for the next generations. The Light of Asia wasn't only a poem by Matthew Arnold and man who helped in the wrestle the Temple of Bodhgaya  away from the local Mahatma who had become the head of a Hindu order & performed animal sacrifice in the main temple first built by Emperor Ashoka.
  • But as the old blues song says "Don't start me talking; I might testify all that I know".
  • I have a guest here at present fr a couple of days which alleviates the boredom and means that I Talk some sense which is one main thing I miss from my days as an active member in the Jamyang community. 
  • It was about how a street kid busker who ran from the cops daily when all he wish to do was blow a few choruses of jazz.
  • In those days my mind as engaged in playing more than a thousand melodies as I tried to make the pieces fit in an uncaring society.
  • Now I just read  mutter mantra.
  • Om Shanti
  • Dave
  • Peace be with you and with the spirits.
  • Or to be as a seasonal peace on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment